Pasta Milano: A Delicious Favorite Macaroni Grill You Can Make At Home
I love going to Romano’s Macaroni Grill. From the smell of the grill to the fire when I open the front door to the sound of the waiters singing as I sit at my table, I love it all.
Unfortunately for me, on my first visit I tried Pasta Milano and fell so in love that I couldn’t ask for anything else. I try. I really do. Everything looks so good. From brick oven BBQ chicken pizza and Penne Rustica to seafood linguine, from Portobello chicken to honey balsamic chicken, I’m dying to try it all.
And I have every good intention to do so. I study the menu from top to bottom, and finally select grilled salmon or chicken marsala. I can already taste it.
But as soon as the waiter approaches … Bam! I point to Pasta Milano.
Well at least I always enjoy my dinner.
But recently I found something that should make my next trip a surprise for my friends. Copycat restaurant recipes are popping up all over the web and some of them are very good. One of the first ones I looked for was, of course, Pasta Milano. I found a recipe and started making the dish at home for myself. It’s just as good at home as it is at Romano’s (I miss the singing waiters though).
Thanks to this copycat restaurant recipe, my next trip to Romano’s Macaroni Grill should follow a different script. Now I am free to look at the wonderful menu and order one of the other dishes that I have so often wished for. I can hardly wait!
Should I have Scaloppine Chicken and Shrimp or Honey Balsamic Chicken or Sicilian Pizza … or …
Macaroni Grill’s Pasta Milano
- 6 ounces of butter
- 18 ounces grilled chicken, sliced
- 12 ounces sun dried tomatoes
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 6 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 36 ounces roasted garlic cream sauce (follow recipe)
- 36 ounces bow tie pasta
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Sauté the butter and mushrooms for about 30 seconds.
- Add creamy roasted garlic sauce and Parmesan; heat well.
- Drain the pasta.
- Add the pasta to the skillet and mix well.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Sing Italian love songs (optional)
Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 head of garlic roasted
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- In a blender, process the cream and roasted garlic until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, combine the garlic cream, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the parsley.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add salt and Parmesan to the mixture, stir until the sauce thickens.