Cucumbers: vegetables for health and vitality
Cucumbers are rich in vitamins, vitamins that you need for your daily function. They are rich in Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6, Vitamin C, Folic Acid, Carbohydrates and Minerals such as Zinc, Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, Potassium and Phosphorus. You can use cucumbers in many ways to improve your health and increase your vitality. Here are some tips on how to put this beneficial gift of nature to good use.
1) Substitute a few slices of cucumber for the caffeinated soda you drink in the afternoon. You will feel fresh for several hours. The feel-good effect will be much stronger than a caffeinated soda can give you.
2) If you have cellulite on your skin and you want to remove it before entering a pool, simply rub a slice of cucumber on the part of the skin affected by cellulite. The phytochemicals contained in cucumber will tighten the collagen in your skin and reduce the visibility of cellulite. You can also use cucumbers to close your wrinkles!
3) Eating a few slices of cucumber before going to bed will prevent the appearance of headache and hangover when waking up. The B vitamins, sugar, and electrolytes contained in cucumbers replenish the nutrients lost by the body during sleep, help the body maintain balance, and thus prevent a hangover from developing.
4) Cucumbers can serve as quick meals when you don’t have time to eat your normal food. Cucumbers will keep your hunger away and also give you the energy you need for your activities.
5) Cucumbers can also be used for facial massages. Cut a cucumber into slices and place the slices in a container filled with boiling water. The chemicals and nutrients contained in the cucumber will react with the water and the resulting vapors will mix with the steam. You will experience a relaxing sensation as you inhale this pleasant-scented vapor. This type of massage has been shown to be effective in reducing stress for new mothers, students facing an exam, and others filled with anxiety of some kind.
6) Cucumbers can also serve as mints that are taken after a meal. Holding a cucumber slice on the palate and pressing it with your tongue for several seconds will give your mouth a refreshing sensation. The phytochemicals in cucumber will kill the bacteria in your mouth and thus eliminate bad breath.