Correct your pH balance with a detox and cleanse – become more alkaline than acid
The first step in correcting your pH (alkaline-acid) imbalance is to remove wastes that have built up in the body over the years from dietary and environmental toxins, such as refined foods, processed foods, household chemicals, and pollution. . The acid that is generated from these toxins damages the body and causes low energy, pain, and other health problems. By detoxifying and cleansing your body, it allows you to heal naturally.
Many people’s diets consist of acid-forming foods such as sugar, dairy, white flour, artificial sweeteners, coffee, soda, and alcoholic beverages. When the body is too acidic, it becomes a breeding ground for bacteria, yeast, and fungi. This disrupts cellular activity. In the long term, excess acidity leads to thinner bones and less muscle mass. These problems are exacerbated by normal aging, which increases bone loss and muscle breakdown. A detox or cleanse can help slow down this deterioration process and can increase vitality.
The most beneficial cleanses are those that remove acidic wastes through the seven detoxification and elimination channels: the colon, blood, skin, kidneys, lymphatic system, lungs, and liver.
The best cleanse to start with is the colon cleanse. Without a clean colon, your body cannot remove toxins from your tissues and organs. The colon is the body’s first defense against toxic substances. When it’s toxic, the rest of your body suffers.
A detox can include a special diet, vitamins, hydrotherapy, exercise, breathing techniques, or sauna therapy. Although more controversial, some cleanses include colon hydrotherapy or fasting.
Who needs to detox?
Perfect candidates for a detox include those who experience:
- Weight problems
- Frequent colds and flus
- Allergies and asthma
- High blood pressure
- Constipation or digestive problems.
- Menstrual problems
- Pains and breads
Are there any special considerations when doing a detox?
It is very important to take care of your body during a cleanse:
- Get plenty of rest
- Drink 1/2 ounce of water per pound of body weight
- Stay away from citric acid (except lemons and limes), mushrooms, yeast, vinegar, peanut products, and corn products
- Brush your skin dry (always brushing towards the heart)
- Neti with sea salt (neti bowls are sold in pharmacies and health food stores)
- When showering, run hot water for 30 seconds and then cold water for 30 seconds. Repeat 7 times
- Eliminate fatty foods, sugar, and saturated fat from your diet.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, over-the-counter medications, cigarettes.
- Minimize the use of chemical-based household products.
- Choose all natural personal health care products
- Get plenty of fiber, including fresh vegetables and fruits, brown rice, beets, radishes, artichokes, and seaweed.
- Breathe deeply to circulate the oxygen.
- Sweat to remove debris
- Stay away from stressful situations.
- Exercise, yoga, meditate
The acidic waste not eliminated is reabsorbed through the colon into the liver and returns to the general circulation until it is deposited in the tissues. Therefore, it is important to eat healthy foods and perform cleansing to keep your body’s pH level balanced.